2nd World Symposium on Climate Change Adaptation (WSCCA- 2017)
Coimbra, Portugal, 6-8 September 2017
Consistent with the need for more cross-sectoral interactions among the various stakeholders working in the field of climate change adaptation, the aims of the “2nd World Symposium on Climate Change Adaptation” are as follows:
- i. to provide research institutions, universities, NGOs and enterprises all around the world with an opportunity to display and present their works in the field of climate change adaptation;
- ii. to foster the exchange of information, ideas and experiences acquired in the execution of climate change adaptation projects, especially successful initiatives and good practice;
- iii. to discuss methodological approaches and experiences deriving from case studies and projects, which aim to show how the principles of climate change adaptation may be implemented in practice;
- iv. to network the participants and provide a platform so they can explore possibilities for cooperation.
Last but not least, a further aim of the event will be to document and disseminate the wealth of experiences on climate change adaptation available today across the world. To this purpose, the book “Theory and Practice of Climate Adaptation” will be published, with all accepted papers. This will be a further volume of the award-winning book series “Climate Change Management” published by Springer, which since its creation in 2008 has become the world´s leading book series on climate change management.
In addition, a set of papers selected by the coordination team will be published in a special issue of the International Journal of Climate Change Strategies and Management (a fully indexed journal, also at ISI /Thomson Reuters). The decision of the editors as to which papers may be selected -and undergo peer review- for the book and for the special issue of the journal, is final.
Profile of Participants
Delegates attending the “2nd World Symposium on Climate Change Adaptation” will come from a cross-sectoral range of areas, from both industrialised and developing countries. They are:
- i. officials at city, regional and national level concerned with climate change
- ii. members of NGOs working with climate change;
- iii. researchers at universities and research centres;
- iv. teaching staff at universities;
- v. representatives from companies
- vi. representatives from development agencies working with climate change adaptation and executing projects on the ground;
- vii. project officers and consultants;
- viii. other people interested in the field.
The participation of doctoral students is warmly encouraged and supervisors/advisers are kindly requested to facilitate their participation. The sort of international exposure and the rich content of this Symposium will be beneficial to their work, and their careers.It is believed that this wide range of participants will help to outline the need for and the usefulness of integrated approaches towards climate change adaptation and, hence contribute to the further consolidation of this thematic area.
It is believed that this wide range of participants will help to outline the need for and the usefulness of integrated approaches towards climate change adaptation in Africa and, hence contribute to the further consolidation of this thematic area.
Letzte Änderung: 22.09.16
An die Redaktion