Inter-University Sustainable Development Research Programme (IUSDRP)
Aims and Themes
The main aim of the Inter-University Sustainable Development Research Programme is to establish a platform, on which member universities may undertake more research on matters related to sustain-able development, according to an agreed work plan and agenda.
The Inter-University Sustainable Development Research Programme will ensure that energetic, committed experts at member universities have a sound basis upon which they can attract and undertake research projects, train PhD students, publish more in indexed journals, and organize high caliber events, working more closely with their peers (a clear requirement in the sustainable development research community) and hence strengthening their personal and institutional profiles.
In addition, the Inter-University Sustainable Development Research Programme will strive to develop the ability to leverage organizational resources and maximize the benefits research projects may bring to member universities. The specific aims of the Inter-University Sustainable Development Research Programme are to:
- assemble interdisciplinary, cross-Faculty teams among its member universities, focusing on sustainable development, with a keen interest to engage on bidding for national and international sustainability research projects
- set-up and upkeep a working environment that is fertile for international cooperation, supporting institutional and inter-institutional project development, and hence increase the chances of success in project bidding and acquisition
- link and engage the sustainability research community at member universities, in the joint training of PhD students and the organization of specific, strategic events
- catalyse and facilitate the production of high quality joint publications in indexed journals, as well as in ground-breaking books and book chapters, in cooperation with well-established publishers.
Operationally, the Inter-University Sustainable Development Research Programme will develop projects which may be submitted for funding to national and international agencies and funding bodies. It will also provide a key support in the promotion of cooperation in the field of sustainable development between the member universities, in a way never seen before.
The Inter-University Sustainable Development Research Programme focuses on the subject matter of sustainable development, as a cross-cutting issue, and on specific topics which are mainstream in the international sustainability research agenda. The list of topics includes (but is not limited to):
• Sustainable energy production (renewable energy) and use (energy efficiency)
• Sustainable production & consumption
• Sustainable water use and management
• Sustainable waste management
• Sustainable transport
• Sustainable development and climate change (including adaptation and resilience)
• Education for sustainable development and curriculum innovation in sustainable development
• Sustainability in higher education institutions (e.g. campus greening)
Other topics may be added to the list, according to the expertise brought by the member universities and interested colleagues.
Letzte Änderung: 20.12.16
An die Redaktion