Inter-University Sustainable Development Research Programme (IUSDRP)
The Inter-University Sustainable Development Research Programme will group researchers at partner universities with an interest in sustainable development research, and its ramifications. The aim is to reinforce their profile and allow them to take more advantage of the many benefits this topic offers.
The work of the programme will be overseen by an International Advisory Board, composed by some of the world´s leading experts on sustainability, who will provide advice, guidance and support the implementation of the programme´s activities.
The operational components of the Inter-University Sustainable Development Research Programme involve five inter-related core tasks:
- Project bidding and implementation: this is the core of the Programme, where Partners will apply and/or co-apply for funding and undertake projects on matters related to sustainable development.
- Publications: the Programme will create publishing opportunities in the field of sustainable development, which includes special issues in indexed journals, set-up of of teams of authors to work on joint papers, and the launching of ground-breaking book projects.
- Training: the Programme will seek to unleash the leadership potential of partner universities in respect of training as a whole, and MSc/PhD training in particular, on sustainable development issues. Here emphasis will be given to provision of training on methods, approaches, strategies and the execution of projects related to sustainable development, at various levels.
- Know-How Transfer: the Programme will, by means of practical projects, transfer the best available know-how and expertise on sustainable development available in the partner univer-sities to others, helping them to advance the cause of sustainability at the institutional level;
- Institutional strengthening: by means of networking, the Programme will help to build systems and networks that can respond most effectively to emerging funding opportunities, and hence strengthen the member organisations.
A flagship of the Inter-University Sustainable Development Research Programme will be the “World Symposium on Sustainable Development at Universities” (WSSDU) series, which is the leading event in the field. Organised bi-annually, WSSDU congregates the leading organisations and experts on sustainability in higher education, proving a unique opportunity for information exchange, networking and for the documentation of project work and dissemination of results from research projects. This is complemented by the “World Sustainable Development Teach-In Days” (also a bi-annual event), the use of the World Sustainability Series (published by Springer, one of the world´s top 5 scientific publishers) to produce high caliber books, and the International Journal of Sustainability in Higher Education, the world´s leading academic journal in the field.
Thanks to its integrative and truly international approach, the Inter-University Sustainable Development Research Programme will achieve effective mobilization of staff and resources, and use strategic events to attract the attention of scientists, policy-makers, community members and media representatives. Ultimately, it will broad awareness about the partner universities, and of their sustainable development research capabilities.
Letzte Änderung: 25.03.16
An die Redaktion