Inter-University Sustainable Development Research Programme (IUSDRP)
Apart from the fact that joining a programme of such high calibre will greatly enhance the profile of member universities, some other key factors which speak for joining the Inter-University Sustainable Development Research Programme are as follows:
- The high level of interest in the topic, which is likely to be maintained in the future
- The large demand-supply gap seen in respect of sustainability research
- The wide availability of funding to support sustainable development research from public and private bodies
- The existence of ambitious government policies in the field, whose implementation at least partly depends on research;
- The wide existence of financing options available in respect of project funding (e.g. as project coordinator, as project partner, as external consultancy, etc)
- The keen interest from industry, banks and other sectors in the topic
- The possibility to train PhD students, produce publications and run influential events at member universities.
At present, the global expenditure in respect of sustainable development research (including the areas outlined in the item “themes”) are estimated at being about USD 1 billion per year. The Inter-University Sustainable Development Research Programme will help to unlock substantial funding possibilities for integrated projects on sustainability issues, where, for instance, universities and governments, or universities and industry may work together.
Letzte Änderung: 25.03.16
An die Redaktion