Informationen für:

HAW Hamburg

What English language certificates do you accept?

International applicants for English-language degree programmes, whose first language is not English, must provide proof of their language ability. The HAW Hamburg generally accepts the following certificates:

  • TOEFL Test
  • Cambridge Certificates
  • High school leaving certificate (accepted as a HZB) from a school in an English-speaking country
  • Proof of at least two years of successful study at a university in an English-speaking country

It is possible that we accept other certificates. Please check the information page for your chosen degree programme to see which certificates are accepted and what score or level you need to have.

NOTE: Please also be advised that even if your degree programme is in English you may have to have some basic German before you can apply. Please check your degree programme.


Our institution code is 8226. If you submit this when you do your test, your TOEFL score will be sent to us directly.

Letzte Änderung: 07.12.17

An die Redaktion

If you have questions:

HAW Hamburg
Admissions Office

Service Telephone: 
+49.40.428 75-9898

Open office hours:
Ground Floor
Mo. & Tu 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Thurs 2 - 5 p.m.

Campus Berliner Tor
Students Centre
Stiftstraße 69 / Building G
20099 Hamburg