Scholarships for international HAW Hamburg Bachelor students
Hamburg University of Applied Sciences awards scholarships to its academically strong international students studying in Bachelor degree programmes.
We are awarding scholarships of up to 400 Euros/month for four months.
The scholarship is for one semester; an extension for a further two semesters is possible, if all the courses per semester are completed with a grade average of at least 2.5.
Applicants must meet the following criteria in order to apply for the scholarship:
- You are an international bachelor student at the HAW Hamburg.
- You have already completed at least two semesters at the HAW Hamburg with a grade total of “very good” or “good”.
- You have completed your school education abroad or have successfully graduated form a Studienkolleg.
- You are not eligible for a BAföG loan (Federal Training Assistance Act). If you fulfill the criteria for a BAföG loan you are not eligible for the scholarship even if you do not actually receive the funding.
- Students from the courses Illustration, Communication or Textile Design cannot apply for the scholarship.
Application after the first study year: Applicants from the engineering* courses may apply when their grade is better than 2,9 when they have passed all exams or with a grade better than 2,5 if up to two subjects are missing. Applicants from the non-engineering courses need to have passed all exams so far. Their average grade must be “very good” or “good”.
First-time application in a later semester: Applicants from a later semester (3rd, 4th, ect.) need to have passed all of the exams so far. Their average grade needs to be “very good” or “good”.
Application for an extension: Applicants who want to prolong their scholarship for a further semester need to have passed all exams in the semester. Their average grade needs to be “very good” or “good”.
The following documents have to be submitted for the application:
- Application form (download here)
- Letter of Motivation
- Curriculum Vitae
- Transcript of records (if you are applying for an extension mark the latest results)
- Letter of Recommendation from a professor at the HAW Hamburg
- Confirmation from the chairman of the examination board (last page of the application form)
- Confirmation of enrollment (Immatrikulationsbescheinigung, download from HELIOS)
- Copy of your residence permit (for non-EU citizen) or ID/passport (for EU citizens)
30.09. (for the winter semester)
30.03. (for the sumer semester)
Please submit your complete application in the International Office (Stiftstraße 69, 20099 Hamburg, Building G,1st floor). You can use the post box next to the International Office to submit your application outside of the consultation hours.
* All courses from the faculties of Engineering and Computer Sciences (TI), Life Sciences (eccept for Ökotrophologie und Gesundheitswissenschaften) as well as Medientechnik, Media Systems und Technische Betriebswirtschaftslehre (Logistik und Marketing).
Letzte Änderung: 18.01.17
An die Redaktion