The Vietnamese partner universities in this project are:
- Hanoi University of Science and Technology (HUST) – Vietnam's first and leading university for natural sciences and technology
- Phenikaa University (Phenikaa ) – founded under the name "Đại Học Thành Tây" in 2007, the multidisciplinary university became a member of Phenikaa Group - Vietnam's leading industrial cooperation - in 2017
- University of Transport Technology (UTT) – an application-oriented university founded to support the development of the Vietnamese transport system
- Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology (HUTECH) – a multidisciplinary university located in Ho Chi Minh City which offers degree courses in automotive engineering and mechatronics, among other subjects
- Vietnamese-German University (VGU) - A public Vietnamese university with a German university model, initated in 2006 by the State of Hesse and the Vietnamese government. The teaching and research of VGU focuses on smart egineering, information technology and business and economics.
The following partners from the Vietnamese auto industry are also involved in the project:
- Vinfast (Vinfast ) – a Vietnamese car and electric-motorcyle producer founded in 2017 and based in Hai Phong. The company is part of the Vingroup. Vinfast works with large German auto and replacement parts producers such as BMW AG, Siemens AG, ZF Friedrichshafen and Robert Bosch GmbH in the area of technology and engineering.
- Truong Hai Auto Corporation(THACO) – a public company specialising in the production, assembly, import and export of motor vehicles in Vietnam. Alongside Kia Motors and Mazda, Truong Hai is the principal investor in the Chu Lai Open Economic Zone, Quang Nam.