'HaMoNee – Hamburg/Hanoi Mobile Engineers' is a HAW Hamburg project that promotes student exchange and cooperation between HAW Hamburg and Vietnamese universities, as well as cooperation with partners in industry from both countries.
Through the project, HAW Hamburg aims to support engineering students' and instructors' international mobility, along with their research and application potential. The project is intended to serve as the foundation for developing strategic and long-term partnerships with partners in Vietnam and Asia in general.
The HaMoNee project is funded by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) as part of the HAW International funding programme, which supports the international competitiveness of applied sciences universities.
The Vietnamese partner universities in this project are:
- Hanoi University of Science and Technology (HUST) – Vietnam's first and leading university for natural sciences and technology
- Phenikaa University (Phenikaa ) – founded in 2017 and part of the Phenikaa Group
- University of Transport Technology (UTT) – an application-oriented university founded to support the development of the Vietnamese transport system
- Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology (HUTECH) – a multidisciplinary university located in Ho Chi Minh City which offers degree courses in automotive engineering and mechatronics, among other subjects
The following partners from the Vietnamese auto industry are also involved in the project:
- Vinfast (Vinfast ) – a Vietnamese car and electric-motorcyle producer founded in 2017 and based in Hai Phong. The company is part of the Vingroup. Vinfast works with large German auto and replacement parts producers such as BMW AG, Siemens AG, ZF Friedrichshafen and Robert Bosch GmbH in the area of technology and engineering.
- Truong Hai Auto Corporation(THACO) – a public company specialising in the production, assembly, import and export of motor vehicles in Vietnam. Alongside Kia Motors and Mazda, Truong Hai is the principal investor in the Chu Lai Open Economic Zone, Quang Nam.