Hanoi University of Science and Technology (HUST)
The cooperation agreement with HUST applies to all of HAW Hamburg, but the focus of the exchange is the engineering degree courses, and specifically the area of automotive and aeronautical engineering. We are working on expanding the exchange to other areas.
HUST is a partner in the HaMoNee – Hamburg/Hanoi Mobile Engineers project, which enables HAW Hamburg students to spend a tuition-free study semester abroad at HUST or one of the three other partner universities in Vietnam. Students selected for an exchange can also apply for a full scholarship.
You can find more information about the university, study opportunities, and the university-specific criteria below and via the links provided. More information about applying for a semester abroad as part of the project and answers to the most frequently asked questions are available here.
Since 2016, HUST has enjoyed full autonomy from the state and therefore has corresponding freedom in the implementation of its teaching, research and internationalisation activities. This is reflected in the highly practice-oriented teaching, the application-based research, the close cooperation with national and international partners in industry, and the large selection of degree courses offered in English.
The quality of HUST's teaching and research has been certified by the HRCES agency (listed in the European agency register EQAR) and is also evident in the university rankings, particularly in the following areas: Electrical and Electronic Engineering; Mechanical, Aeronautical Engineering and Manufacturing; Computer Science and Information Systems; and Mathematics.
HUST currently offers 65 Bachelor's degree courses, which are divided into three categories (standard programmes, elitech programmes, and joint international programmes) and cover almost all of the STEM subjects. There are also 25 engineering degree courses, 47 Master's degree courses, and 43 doctoral degree courses. HAW Hamburg students can select courses from the following English-language programmes (to the course list).
- Integrated Bachelor-Master Program in Mechatronics
- Integrated Bachelor-Master Program in Control and Automation Engineering
- Integrated Bachelor-Master Program in Power Systems and Renewable Energy
- Integrated Bachelor-Master Program in Automobile Engineering
- Integrated Bachelor-Master Program in Electronics Engineering
- Integrated Bachelor-Master Program in Telecommunications Engineering
- Integrated Bachelor-Master Program in Biomedical Engineering
- Integrated Bachelor-Master Program in Digital Communications and Multimedia Engineering
- Bachelor Program in ICT (Global ICT Program)
- Bachelor Program in Data Science and AI
- Bachelor Program in Material Science and Engineering
- Bachelor Program in Pharmaceutical Chemical Engineering
- Bachelor Program in Food Engineering
- Bachelor Program in Business Analytics
- Bachelor Program in Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Bachelor Program in English Language
It is also possible to complete internships and research projects at one of HUST's faculties or research institutes:
Location: Hanoi, Vietnam
15 Jun (Exchange in summer semester 2023)
15 Feb (Exchange from winter semester 2023/24)
English B1 (B2 is recommended)
Fall: September - February
Spring: February – July
Approx. US$500/month (accommodation: US$270/month)