Scholarships are a particularly good way of financing your studies. They generally don't need to be paid back and often provide a suitable amount of funding.
- Stipendienlotse (Scholarship guide) – This databank from the Federal Ministry of Education and Research lists current scholarship offers, which can be sorted by criteria such as educational stage, academic discipline, target region and requirements (in German only).
- e-fellows – This comprehensive scholarship databank allows you to search for scholarships from businesses (in German only).
- Stiftungssuche (Foundation search) – The Federal Association of German Foundations has compiled a list of foundations that offer scholarships (in German only).
- Scholarship information from Studierendenwerk Hamburg (in German only)
- StipendiumPlus – Thirteen organisations for the promotion of young talent which have come together under the umbrella of the Federal Ministry of Education and Research to provide support to students and young researchers with special talents (some information available in English).
- The German Academic Scholarship Foundation – Germany's oldest and largest scholarship foundation
- Professional advancement scholarship – This scholarship is intended for skilled workers who have completed vocational training and have at least two years of professional experience (in German only).