The Sustainable Development and Climate Change Management RTC is active in the following fields:
- Preparation, development and thematic structuring of R&D projects and projects within the framework of state, national and EU programmes such as ESF, ERDF, FP7 and other initiatives
- Consultation concerning the implementation of European projects, including the search for suitable partners
- Initiation, implementation, coordination and thematic structuring of interdisciplinary research projects and practice-oriented projects with the participation of HAW professors as well as experts from other universities and research centres
- Studies and surveys (international, regional and local) and compilation of expert opinions
- Development and preparation of symposia, seminars and conferences as well as further training schemes
- Publication of research findings
- Involvement in international initiatives (e.g. the Inter-University Sustainable Development Research Programme, the Baltic University Programme) and representation of HAW Hamburg in relevant national and international committees.